SCHOOL HOURS : 7.40 a.m. to 2.45 p.m. It is compulsory for all students to be present for assembly in the morning. Students should, therefore, try and be in the school at least ten minutes before 7.40 a.m. i.e. at 7:30 a.m.
A strict view will be taken of students who are dropped off in front of the school gate. Courtesy and safety demand that vehicles are halted and students alight at some distance from the gate. This would ease the traffic situation and also help students to imbibe rules of common courtesy.
- The school gate will close at 7:40 a.m. on each working day.
- All late arrivals will be sent back home if they arrive after the gates have been closed.
- Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- The Principal or Vice Principal will meet parents between 8:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. On working Saturdays of the month, with prior appointment only.
- Parent Teacher Meeting on dates mentioned in School Almanac - Timings - 8:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Slot will be allotted for Junior School Parents. You are required to adhere to the timings.
- Parents may also meet teachers with prior appointment on other working Saturdays. Timings: 8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- The school almanac is used for all communication to parents from the school. Parents must, therefore, refer to this almanac on a daily basis.
- Any communication from teacher needs to be acknowledged by the parents with a signature.
- Parents can also communicate with the teacher through this almanac.
- Parents are not permitted to visit their child or the teachers in the classrooms during school hours.
- Please notify the school of any change of address or telephone number immediately.
This School is managed by the St. Mary’s Education Society. It is an unaided, Christian Minority School that practices an inclusive education policy. Admission is open to children of all communities. Students will be prepared for All India Secondary and Senior Secondary Examination under 10+2 scheme.
St. Mary’s is a co-educational institution dedicated to developing intellectual curiosity and personal growth in each individual through a well-balanced curriculum based on a holistic approach in humanities, sciences and commerce.
- To seek an able and diverse student body, to encourage in each member the traits of curiosity, creativity, innovation, thinking, flexibility, independence of thought and respect for scholarship.
- To develop in the students a winning attitude that determines the quality of motivation and strength of commitment.
- To foster in each students a sense of competence, self-confidence and emotional as well as physical well-bring.
- To encourage social consciousness, concern for others and commitment towards the community both within and outside the school.
- To instill knowledge and appreciation of the intellectual as well as the cultural heritage of mankind.
- To develop in our students a strong sense of moral integrity as reflected through ethical and spiritual growth, while respecting the religious diversity of our country.
- To initiate and establish in the students habits of independence, self-control and appreciation of the dignity of the human labour.
- To focus on appropriate behaviour commensurating with the time and place.
All pupils, without exception, are required to wear the school uniform on all occasions, whenever they come to school, even on non-instructional days. Parents are requested to co-operate with the school authorities in the matter and see that their children are always neat and tidy, wearing uniforms which are clean and are in accordance with the school pattern.
The school uniforms comprise of the following for both boys and girls:-
- Full length trousers.
- Full sleeve cotton shirts.
- Grey socks with white stripes.
- Black leather shoes Bata Sparx with laces/Velcro (1-5) REX.
- House T-shirts.
- Black rubber bands / hair bands / hair clips for girls.
- Grey woollen caps and mufflers.
- Grey jackets with hood.
- Grey sweaters with stripe.
- The winter uniform should be worn from November 1st.
The uniform is available with Sandhaya Garments, Sector-7, Ramphal Chowk, New Delhi.
PROCEDURE FOR THE PAYMENT OF FEES
For the convenience of parents multiple ways for payment of fees are available.
HDFC bank will henceforth be our bankers for collection of fees.
The process for payment of fees is detailed below:
Fees are paid on a quarterly basis in the month of April, July, October and January befor the 10th of the month.
One pay slip booklet will be provided to each student.
Parents who wish to pay on the monthly basis may do so after an application has been made to be the Head Mistress/Vice Principal.
Please contact the Accounts Section, personally in case of any query.
- CHEQUE PAYMENT can be made at ANY BRANCH of HDFC Bank, pan India.
- CHEQUE PAYMENT must be paid ALONG with the paying slip ONLY, at the Bank.
Paying slips are also available on our website. Fund transfer/RTG/NEFT/ is not allowed.
- ONLINE PAYMENT can be made through HDFC Smarthub Panel on the School Website.(www.stmarysschooldwarka.com)
- ONLINE PAYMENT facility is avialbale only for the first month of every quarter.
- Fine for the late payment will be charged as follows:
Last date without late fee
10th April, 2018
Rs. 20/- per day after 10th April, 2018
10th July, 2018
Rs. 20/- per day after 10th July, 2018
10th Oct, 2018
Rs. 20/- per day after 10th October, 2018
10th Jan. 2018
Rs. 20/- per day after 10th January, 2018
- Kindly calculate and verify the amount with the late fee before depositing.
- All dues must be paid before the commencement of Periodic Test 1 and Final Examination.
- Cheques should be A/C Payee and drawn in favour of "ST. MARY'S SCHOOL".
- All the details should be correctly and neatly mentioned on the paying slip as well as on the reverse of the cheque.
- One month tuition fee in lieu of one month notice is required is case of withdrawals.
- 11 months transport fee will be charged per year. Discontinuation/change of bus route due to change in residence must be notified one month in advance; failing which one month bus fee will be charged in lieu of notice.
12. Withdrawal in December and after, requires the last quarter fees to be paid.
THERE WILL BE A CHARGE OF RS. 200/- FOR BOUNCED CHEQUES.
1. ONE MONTH NOTICE MUST BE GIVEN FOR A TRANSFER CERTIFICATE OR ONE MONTH’S FEE IN LIEU OF THE SAME. THE TRANSFER CERTIFICATE MAY BE COLLECTED AFTER THE CLEARANCE FORM HAS BEEN SIGNED BY THE ACCOUNTS SECTION.
2. TRANSPORT FEE MUST BE PAID FOR 11 MONTHS. NO WITHDRAWALS FROM THE TRANSPORT FACILITY WILL BE PERMITTED DURING THE ACADEMIC SESSION.
SIMILARLY A STUDENT WHO HAS NOT OPTED FOR TRANSPORT FACILITY WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO JOIN DURING THE ACADEMIC SESSION.
RULES OF CONDUCT AND DISCIPLINE
- Parents are requested to cooperate with the school in seeing that their child follows the school rules of conduct and discipline.
- The school is equipped with expensive smart boards, language labs, computer labs and science labs. Any physical damage to the school property will be viewed very strictly. The students will be responsible to make good the damages.
- No student is allowed to drive a motorized vehicle during, before or after school hours. Non-observance of this rule may be punished with expulsion.
- The name, class and section of the pupil should be clearly marked on all belongings of the students.
- Girls should not apply nail polish or mehandi when the school is in session.
- Expensive jewellery is not to be worn to school. Girls may wear only studs in their ears, while chains or ear-rings are not permitted. Boys must not wear rings, chains or ear-rings.
- Girls are required to braid their hair. Short and neat haircuts are permissible for boys.
- The school is not responsible for goods or money borrowed or lost.
- Care must be taken of all school property and no student should scratch, spoil or damage any school furniture, write or draw anything on the walls or in any way damage things belonging to others. Damage done, even by accident, should be reported at once to the school authorities. The school is equipped with smart class boards, language labs, cameras etc. Each student will be responsible for any damage to these in their respective class room and any damage done will be made good by the one responsible for it. Parents will have to bear the cost of the same.
- Expensive articles like ipods, mp3’s, mobile phones, etc. should not be brought to school. IF FOUND THEY SHALL BE CONFISCATED. However, should the parent decide to send a mobile with their ward for any reason, the student is required to hand it over to his/her class teacher or the office. This would then be returned when the student leaves the school premises for the day.
- Cycles must be kept locked and in the place provided.
- Students moving along the corridors or changing classes must walk quietly.
- No student shall remain in the class-rooms during the morning break, P.T period, art class or music period without the permission of the class teacher.
- Students are strictly forbidden to introduce objectionable literature into the school.
- The School reserves the right to dismiss a student who is irregular in attendance, whose progress in studies is consistently unsatisfactory, or whose conduct in the school or outside is harmful to other students.
- Immorality, insubordination, discourtesy or dis-respect to teachers, contempt of authority or wilful damage to property is sufficient reason for dismissal.
- Any student who uses unfair means during tests, examinations etc. will be given a zero in the subject. Repetition of the same offence will result in dismissal.
- A student who fails twice in the same class may not be permitted to continue in the school.
- All students should bring the school almanac to school daily. If the school almanac is lost, a new almanac should be bought.
- Students should not bring crackers, colours, etc. to the school. Bursting of crackers and playing with colours in school is liable for punishment.
- Students must attend school functions and participate in them to the best of their ability. A student remaining absent from a school function, without permission, is likely to get low grades in the co-scholastic field of the report card.
- Students are not permitted to buy eatables from vendors at the school gates.
- Students must bring their tiffin and water bottle along with them. Tiffin boxes brought thereafter will not be accepted.
- Bullying is strictly prohibited in the school premises and no such act will go unnoticed or unpunished.
SCHOOL IDENTITY CARD
For security reason it is compulsory for students to wear the I- cards to school every day.
Kindly ensure that the loss of the card is reported immediately and a duplicate be made at an extra cost.
BUS ROUTE WILL BE SET IN APRIL. NO NEW BUS STUDENTS WILL BE ACCOMODATED AFTER APRIL 20TH OR DURING THE REMAINDER OF THE SESSION.
Students can avail of the school transport subject to the availability of seats. The routes of the school buses are available at the office and parents should consult the school transport in-charge for necessary details. Routes may be changed or discontinued due to constructions or maintenance of roads at the discretion of the management.
FOR SELF-HIRED VANS
PARENTS ARE REMINDED TO CHECK THE ANTECEDANTS OF THE PRIVATELY HIRED DRIVER TO TRANSPORT THEIR WARDS. Kindly fill out the ‘Van Driver Verification’ form provided.
Please note that a strict view will be taken for those who do not complete this.
Since the responsibility of your child’s safety till he/she reaches home rests on the school, it is IMPERATIVE that you also take the required steps.
- No student should stand near the doors of the bus until it has made a complete stop.
- All students must occupy the seats allocated to them immediately after boarding their buses. The front door of the bus is the only authorised entrance and exit.
- The drivers are authorised to stop the buses at the designated stop only. The list of stops is prepared keeping in view the convenience and safety of all the students.
- When the bus is in motion, students should not move around in the bus and no part of their body should be outside the bus.
- Students will be held responsible for any damage to buses caused by negligence or vandalism.
- Discarding of trash or food either inside or outside the buses is not permitted.
- Unruly behaviour like shrieking and shouting is strictly prohibited. Courteous behaviour is expected at all times.
- The driver’s attention must not be distracted for any reason.
- The bus teacher and student bus monitors are responsible for maintaining discipline in the buses. Any serious offence must be reported to the Principal.
- Students who do not adhere to the above rules will be asked to discontinue the use of school transport.
- Students who come late for school and who have been absent on the previous day must bring a leave application from their parents and submit it to the class teacher. A suitable entry must also be made in the appropriate place in the school almanac.
- It is compulsory for students to have at least 75% attendance in the year to make them eligible to appear for the final examination.
- Students are not granted leave outside the regular vacation periods (except in case of illness).
- In case of illness the school must be notified either before or on the first day of re-opening.
- A student returning to school after suffering from an infectious or contagious disease should produce a doctor’s certificate permitting him to do so.
- A student with fever should be at home resting and will not be allowed to attend school even on test days. Half day leave will not be granted for any reason unless it is an emergency.
- WHENEVER A WRITTEN TEST IS MISSED BY THE STUDENT DUE TO MEDICAL REASONS, THE SAME TEST WILL BE RESCHEDULED.
- NO RETEST WILL BE GIVEN UNLESS IT IS ON MEDICAL GROUNDS. PLEASE NOTE THAT A ZERO WILL BE AWARDED FOR THAT TEST.
- RETEST WILL BE SCHEDULED ONLY AFTER SCHOOL HOURS FOR STD. VI AND ABOVE.